QUALITY MANAGER – SDCA IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal’s commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
- Responsible for providing Quality Management Support for West Coast to support repair and maintenance availabilities.
- Drives effective quality management practices as an integral component of the overall program strategy reflecting the essential importance of quality to achieving program goals and meeting contractual requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the West Coast location ISO 9001 Quality Management System in conjunction with Austal Quality Management System Lead.
- Responsible for soliciting and identify revision required to procedures, plans and process to support Quality Management System improvement and location growth.
- Provides management direction and oversite for assigned Non Destructive Test personnel.
- Provides oversite and auditing of all activities to ensure qualified personnel available and assigned to support contract requirement.
- Responsible for the maintenance and oversite of internal and external corrective action programs. Ensures suitable and timely responses are provided. Supports internal Supplier Corrective Action processes.
- Provide responses to customer Corrective Action Requests (CAR), develop CAR metric and perform CAR analysis.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and reporting of Quality Metrics to support internal and external reporting requirements.
- Maintains NAVSEA Standard Item revision history and library. Communicates change within the company as needed.
- Conduct Critiques and Investigation to identify root causes of Undesired Events, develop short term and long term corrective action to prevent reoccurrences.
- This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbents will perform other tasks as assigned.