QUOTATIONS SPECIALIST II - SDCA IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or related field and 2 years’ purchasing, sourcing, or estimation/quotations of proposals experience required OR candidates without a degree may be considered with at least 6 years of purchasing, sourcing, or estimation/quotation of proposals experience.
- New hires are required to successfully complete Austal Buyer II Certification within the first 90 days of hire.
- Incumbent individuals are required to complete the requisite courses required to be eligible for promotion to the corresponding levels.
- Experience in reading drawings / specs is preferred but not a requirement.
- Preferred work experience includes performing: Material and service sourcing activities (quoting, analyzing, negotiating, reporting supplier rationalization activities).
- Computer literate, with strong proficiency in Microsoft office products, primary being Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Detail-oriented, meticulous individual able to work under time constraints and/ or with competing priorities.
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule as this position may require surge efforts depending on the stage and size of the proposal. Overtime and weekends may be required to meet deadlines and workload requirements. Proposal periods will include increased support as necessary.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, communicate effectively, and work cross- functionally.
- Ability to utilize structured thought processes, anticipate consequences. Recognizes critical situations and escalate as appropriate. Demonstrates high initiative and drive to address problems and drive to resolution.
- General understanding of ERP systems and MRP logic. Basic understanding of IFS preferred; others like SAP, JD Edwards and Oracle are acceptable.
- General understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code, U.S. Government FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements.
- General understanding of enterprise quality system functionality (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100, TS16949, etc.)