SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE SDCA IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- One (1) to three (3) years of related EHS experience and/or combination of education and experience.
- Prior military, police or professional fire service may be considered in lieu of education.
- Demonstrated skills in the working standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields.
- Must possess working industry knowledge and have basic OSHA safety training certifications in one of the following work groups, 29 CFR 1915, 1910 or 1926.
- Must possess or have the desire and ability to complete an OSHA and NFPA training in order to be recognized as a marine competent person for hot work inspections.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels within the organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group.
- Must possess or have the desire and ability to obtain with-in six (6) months from date of hire to complete a medical first responder course
- Must possess the willingness and ability to work in close and confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift, inclusive of Holidays and work in “On Call” Situations.
- Must have the ability to remain calm, unemotional and in control when faced with angry or confrontational employees.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated beginner level or higher PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Publisher and Adobe products.