Under general supervision, the position performs a variety of accounting clerical work of average difficulty; prepares and maintains financial records and reports, and processes documentation involving financial transactions; and perform related duties as required.
ALTERNATIVE WORK SCHEDULE:
City employees work a 4/10 workweek, Monday through Thursday, 7am to 6pm. City offices are closed on Fridays. City facilities will also close for a period of approximately two weeks in December with time off for non-essential personnel.
To learn more about this position employee benefits, please see the Memorandum of Understanding for the Municipal Employees' Association: Miscellaneous Employees'
This classification is scheduled to receive a wage increase of 7.84% effective the first full pay period in January 2023 and January 2024.
This position will perform the key responsibilities listed below and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
- Extensive daily cash handling, balancing, and bank deposit preparation;
- Prepares billings and related correspondence for accounts receivable;
- Gathers, assembles, tabulates, proofs, extends, balances, summarizes, and posts fiscal and related data;
- Performs various routine clerical duties such as typing and filing;
- Audits documents for coding and accuracy;
- Collects, balances, and accounts for billings, warrants, and funds;
- Posts and maintains journals and subsidiary and control ledgers;
- Performs computer data input operation and generates reports;
- Researches and answers department and public questions regarding the status of accounts and payments, proper coding of transactions, and other matters;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Any combination equivalent to training and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities would be
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school or GED;
- Two (2) years of full-time general clerical experience, including one (1) year fiscal recordkeeping experience using an automated system.
- Experience in cashiering, accounts receivable, and customer service.