Education and Work Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required (effective 4/1/14 for all new hires)
2. One to two years experience as a supervisor in the Admitting areas of an acute care facility preferred
3. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Must be able to demonstrate understanding of and ability to interpret third party payer principles and terms and COBRA laws.
Strong organizational skills required for effective communication with patients, physicians, public, staff and administrations. Must be able to work in fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
5. Effective written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
7. Analytical and problem-solving skills
8. Customer Services experience required