Open Job Position: Line Cook
Currently seeking Breakfast or Lunch/Dinner Line Cook.
The kitchen is the heart of every home, and our line cooks and prep cooks play the central role in the kitchen by preparing delicious meals that nurture and enhance the lives of our residents. And we know we need to hire the right people for this vital role.
Position Summary: Our cooks maintain efficient performance in food preparation in the kitchen and ensure adequate follow through of job duties as outlined by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef (Supervisor on duty). This work must be done in compliance with state, federal and local health, and safety regulations. Cooks must also adhere to facility policies and procedures, as well as communicate with staff and residents in a positive and professional manner.
- Responsible for performance of job tasks as outlined by Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Accepts constructive criticism and redirection and assesses need for improvement in a timely manner. Responsible for the cleanliness of all work areas. Organize food service areas to minimize sanitation, cross-contamination, and kitchen staff injuries.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of food service policies and procedures. Trains/explains policies and procedures to staff, residents and visitors.
- Discuss any departmental concerns or challenges in a constructive manner and presents possible solutions with Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Dining Services Director and/or Dining Room Supervisor. Participates in Food Service meetings when on duty. Offers possible solutions to presented concerns/ complaints in a positive and constructive manner.
- Assists with inventory of kitchen supplies and proper storage of supplies.
- Maintain current information on all resident diets and special requests and ensure other kitchen staff are aware of this information.
- Maintains good personal hygiene and adheres to dress code.
- Must have at least one year of experience preparing and cooking meals for 200+ people in a commercial kitchen/food services industry role required.
- Must have and maintain a Food Handlers Certification for the State of Oregon.
- Must be able to speak, read and write at a basic level in the English language.
- Have and maintain CPR & First Aid Certification (on-site training available).
- Great attitude, and willingness to learn. All employees will be required to complete online, and in-person industry and position-specific training required by the State and CherryWood Village.
- Continually have good organizational and teamwork skills that promote positive and productive work force.