Patient Account Registrar - Admitting
The Patient Account Registrar interviews the patient or his/her representative to obtain patient demographics. This position also secures insurance information, eligibility, benefits and authorizations as applicable. Works closely with all facets of the Admitting department including PBX operator function and reception areas. Must be able to operate a computer to input and retrieve data. Ability to communicate with the population served, utilizing age specific techniques from neonatal, pediatrics, adolescents, young adults, middle adult to geriatrics. Maintain proficiency in medical terminology. Special projects or other assignments may be given with expectations to be completed in a specified timeframe.
Education and Work Experience
- Previous hospital experience as an admissions representative preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer Services experience required.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent Required (effective 4/1/14 for all new hires