Financial Analyst I
Job Summary: Responsible for the monitoring, reporting and forecasting a group's financial metrics.
- Produces the monthly reporting package and briefs their group General Management after the accounting department has finished its financial close.
- Reviews and manages the revenue recognition for their group and takes steps to correct any revenue that is either over or understated at the month end close process. This may include cost transfers, at risk processing or suggesting project setup remedies.
- Reviews the flash reporting that summarizes the revenue recognized in the prior week in order to close the month end in a more efficient manner. Reviews will be done on a weekly basis.
- Creates and changes project setups features as needed on a daily basis.
- Attends project setup meetings to help determine how new contracts should be setup within Costpoint.
- Works with the Controller & DSO Manager to generate the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and quarterly forecasting (FI, FII, FIII).
- Tracks actual results against the AOP and forecast. Investigates any significant variances and explains to management. Assists in the preparation of update(s) to the plan using actuals and projecting year end and two years into the future on a quarterly basis.
- Trains group employees on integrated financial software, and remains the POC for group employees.
- Calculates contract de-obligation for submission to PM’s and contracts department.
- Prepares and distributes weekly progress status reports to Project Managers.
- Tracks revenue, negative fees, indirect labor, unpaid invoices, and unallowable costs on a weekly basis.
- Prepares Quarterly Estimated Actual Costs reports.
- Reviews, approves, and assists in the preparation of customer invoices.
- Prepares and inputs transfers to correct erroneous charging.
- Reviews and approves employee expense and timesheet submittals.
- Maintains and updates contract workforces, including WD contracts.
- Prepares roster with employee information used for quotes.
- Maintains T&E manager and project approver groups, and updates/corrects employee passwords and timesheets as needed.
- Customizes Cognos reports upon request.
- Reviews contracts and modification to make sure they are correct for setup.
- Reviews and approves Accounts Payable CostPoint voucher edit report to prevent coding errors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar field.
- 1 year financial analysis experience.
- Must be proficient in CostPoint.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Must be able to speak, write, understand and communicate in English.