ASSISTANT MATERIAL MANAGER - SING IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Manage Planned Maintenance availabilities through various functions of purchasing, monitoring, receiving, inspection, segregation, storing, issuing, and disposition of planned maintenance materials. The AMM should have knowledge of Class wide Naval ILS procedures pertaining to identify requirements, requisitioning receipt control, storage, inventory, accountability, distribution, and transportation outlined in pertinent Navy, and other DOD directives. The LMM should have comprehensive knowledge of Navy Supply System applications including One-Touch, MILSTRIP requisitions, IHS (Haystack), Hazardous Material Information System (HMIS), and DLA (DRMO). Should have experience and knowledge with duties and responsibilities of hazardous material custodian, hazardous material storage, use and disposal of hazardous waste. This position has responsibility for the team’s performance including 100% on-time delivery and 100% delivered quality performance of the supply chain.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for material planning, receipt, storage, kitting, and delivery of material related to planned maintenance activities in Singapore and region as directed by planning yard.
- Report inventory levels and usage to Navy and program management routinely to comply with contract requirements.
- Schedule transportation of materials to support maintenance availabilities in Singapore and throughout the region.
- Travel and work in locations outside the Singapore area throughout durations of availabilities.
- Maintain inventory accuracy of material to MMAS standard minimum.
- Perform and record weekly cycle counts of tools and inventory
- Track and manage tools and special equipment required to perform planned maintenance availabilities.
- Perform inventory transactions in IFS EPR system to maintain receipts, movement of inventory within warehouse, and issue material to pick tickets.
- Ensure proper storage, use, disposal, and documentation of all hazardous materials used and created through performance of contract.
- Ensure timely issue resolution for program requirements.
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen/US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder)
- High school diploma/GED.
- Five (5) years of experience in logistics, material, or warehouse environment preferably in a marine/maritime industry
- Microsoft Office suite with advanced skills in Excel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Preferred qualifications:
- US Navy or Merchant Marine vocational training preferred
- Familiar with management and execution of planned maintenance activities